Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2019-02-10 16:22:30

Samchun
Map maker

UrtJumpers Community Map

Hey guys,

I just realized that there were no community map which involved the participation of any member of urtjumpers.

Such projects have been realized by Loul Clan / LiFt Clan / N00B Clan / etc ... But not by urtjumpers yikes Maybe it's time to change this fact big_smile

I'm currently thinking about basic rules that would make the whole project easier for the final mapper who would gather all the jumps and stick them together.

Ideas of Rules :

* 1 jump per jumper

* not only icy jumps (that's only a rule for DarKeN because he sucks at it big_smile <3)

* No Design limitation (except if your map looks like saturn_beta2 and is too beautiful to get compiled mheh but imo that won't happen)

For example, we could have a jump that is dgw-like and another that is titan-like (youseewhatimean) // different texture packs

* Funstuffs allowed in .pk3

* Tunnels to link the jumps or teleporters? (tunnels -> cooler, telep -> easier)

* One reference to urtjumpers per jump (a simple banner / texture is sufficent)

* Jump location has to contain the mapmaker's name (with a proper trigger_location)

* Once you've mapped a jump post it on the forum and if it's approved by the o

The general idea would be to have a map that has several jumps ordered by difficulty (ascending order), that would represent the UrtJumpers community. Let's say 35 jumps max (if we get to 35 that's awesome, but jumps > 35 would make the map too long imo)

If you find the idea great feel free to post and share your ideas on the project, this has to be a community project smile

Cya

#2 2019-02-11 13:27:58

Boromir
Map maker

Re: UrtJumpers Community Map

Very good idea, but... for map concept of 35 jumps you will be forced to wait till your beard will be grey tongue What I mean is when I posted topic about Urtjumpers map, there was a bunch of peoples interested, but when we transfered to discord, half of mappers didn't send map or didn't even inform about starting a one. Project abandoned - RIP. Nevermind, that's a point you want only 1 jump without limits (hope you will get jump with kinda yellowsnow design), it won't take a long time for busy, or inactive players (if they still have unreleased projects). I'm of course in, there is an option where you can send this message on Discord servers like Urtjumpers, Fun*T, cybercorp servers to get more mappers, when they're not often connected this site.
Let's see how many jumpers/mappers will join, good luck.
You want level spectrum from ez equi 60lv to 115 stupz map mdr

Last edited by Boromir (2019-02-11 13:37:22)

almost bad jumpist

#3 2019-02-11 15:06:08

Samchun
Map maker

smile I love it how equi is called an easy map now hehe

I just checked your old topic about a community map and unfortunately nothing was posted after you moved to Discord, Indeed. Maybe we should take this as a lesson and try only using the forum? Or the UrtJumpers Discord eventually.

Imo we shouldn't care much about the level of the jumps, since they will be ordered by difficulty. And I doubt that a mapper today would map a jump easier than an equi's jump tongue Mapping comes naturally with the mappers/jumpers skills of its epoch I guess.

Yea 35 jumps would be a huge success, but 15 jumps can be enough! It only depends on the participants.

#4 2019-02-11 17:42:54

Giomarketz
Jumper

and for those who cant map? big_smile maybe i could do a jump but have no idea how to design :z

#5 2019-02-11 17:45:04

Boromir
Map maker

just "borrow" textures and shaders from older maps ez

almost bad jumpist

#6 2019-02-11 17:45:53

StupZ

great idea, im in
I hope that the idea will not fall into oblivion xd

#7 2019-02-11 19:30:18

Samchun
Map maker

Giomarketz wrote:

and for those who cant map? big_smile maybe i could do a jump but have no idea how to design :z

For mappers like you (and me haha big_smile) who have no design skills, we could think of making just a raw jump, with just the necessary (1 texture for example, no ugly design with CSG Substract or whatsoever like I did on zroux). And if another mapper wants to enhance it by giving it a design, he could do so. No?

Last edited by Samchun (2019-02-11 19:31:25)

#8 2019-02-13 16:35:10

MisiUx
Map maker

Sounds good! Also would be in with a Icy Jump I guess smile
Always wanted to get back to mapping agian and this sounds like a good oppurtunity!

But it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

#9 2019-03-28 10:12:19

Boromir
Map maker

i mapped 2 complete jumps with design for the project, how it's going?

Last edited by Boromir (2019-03-28 10:13:01)

almost bad jumpist

#10 2019-03-30 18:28:13

Samchun
Map maker

Great smile

You can either post them on the topic, or send me the jumps in PM if you don't want to spoil the jumps smile

I'll take care to add them to the project.

#11 2019-03-30 20:36:06

StupZ

i can send u 5 of my existing jump

#12 2019-03-30 20:38:02

Boromir
Map maker

nice we have 7 now

almost bad jumpist

#13 Yesterday 07:25:15

Noxtty
Map maker

ain't that 1 per jumper? I need to change my mind, I might get radiant and try to participate big_smile

ut4_pulsar_b2 is hawt

Board footer