Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2015-06-12 20:22:46

Driller

Barbatos: Urban Terror HD Physics - Part 3

Here is the topic: http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi … cs-part-3/
And the video:

It looks like a nice start, but its still basic.

Last edited by Driller (2015-06-14 14:45:51)

#2 2015-06-12 20:35:53

Noxtty
Map maker

Re: Barbatos: Urban Terror HD Physics - Part 3

Looks different but awesome, I'm definitely looking forward for different stuff.. Thanks for the share

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

#3 2015-06-12 22:31:57

KroniK
Admin

It looks so promising!! Actually jumping Uranus was also awesome! Now I just need to convert an icy map for them to test xD

Still missing your ex? Try using a scope!
---
http://steamsigs.com/steammicro.php?id=KroniK907&pngimg=background&tborder=0

#4 2015-06-13 00:19:58

Giomarketz
Jumper

Walljumps seems very good, circle and icy pretty strange but maybe with a projumper testing looks better.. Power slide seems way different but that texture might confuse.
Hope they keep they re time to end up with an awsum work and not rush to please people complaining.

#5 2015-06-13 13:16:40

Samchun
Map maker

huhu up looks pretty nice

#6 2015-06-13 14:12:22

PabloWtf
Map maker

Dont worry, in 2025 we probably test it!"

Crux

#7 2015-06-13 17:42:49

StupZ

looks cool..

#8 2015-06-14 14:27:09

Moonie

Until mappers really get their hands on it, and leanr what can be done, its kind of moot.

It looks nice though, and it shows things, but i suspect it will be extremely different to the 4.x handling that we have now.

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

#9 2015-06-14 22:46:25

Noxtty
Map maker

Moonie wrote:

but i suspect it will be extremely different to the 4.x handling that we have now.

I think that too, but I kinda hope that tongue Not that I am tired of jumping the exact same way for years but.... yes!

#10 2015-06-15 05:50:24

JohnnyEnglish
Map maker

With my CMM hat on I'd suggest anyone who wants to make their maps for urtHD should download ue4 and try to convert their map into the ShooterGame. This is a template supplied with the editor that urbanterrorHD was based on.

Converting your map is quite a long process but as you can see in that video, Uranus has been converted and you've probably all seen videos of casa, it would be great if some of the other jump maps were available.

I've written a "starter" tutorial on CMM for those using blender and Frankie has documented the process using 3dsmax and he's made a ton of videos showing step by step how he converted Casa.

If anyone wants to start converting their maps, I'm around on urtJumpers/CMM/urbanterror irc channels, I'll do my best to get you started. I know Frankie has offered to help also.

#11 2015-06-15 15:07:51

Moonie

Sorry im going to cross post this from urt.info, but its exactly what ive been waiting for.

FrankieV wrote:

We already have a few icy and jump maps for testing but the ideal is although the mapper will not be able to directly effect the player physics a physics material could be supplied as an entity that can be added to a material that changes the surface behavior using a variable(s).

By extension surface attributes can also be added like sound for example.

More or less it's the mapmaker that will decided how slippery a surface can be and not a fixed value.

You can research Unreal 4 Physics Material to get a better idea how it works.

I am hoping that means you can alter things like gravity (direction, amount of, etc), so a jump can use different parameters to the rest of the map.  I mean im not 100% sure thats what he meant, but that one thing is something ive requested a couple of times.  Also if we could then maybe alter on a per jump basis the number of walljumps you could use, maybe add stamina recharge points within the jump, and collectibles, then we would have the abilitiy to create a jump map, with multiple jump routes within the same jump, allowing a jumper to choose between ease of jump (maybe low points) and epically hard (more points, more time), which may make it possible to add in a new jump type similar to competition play.

Im rambling on a bit, but im interested to see how this plays out.  It looks promising.

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

#12 2015-06-15 16:12:10

KroniK
Admin

That has been exactly what I have been hoping for as well moonie!! I brought it up several times on the UrT forums and am glad that they are open to allowing things like this.

Still missing your ex? Try using a scope!
---
http://steamsigs.com/steammicro.php?id=KroniK907&pngimg=background&tborder=0

#13 2015-06-15 16:33:43

Noxtty
Map maker

Kewl

Board footer