Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2015-04-07 00:33:04

KroniK
Admin

Frankie V Conversion Discussion Thread

Hey guys,

If you haven't read the post over on the main UrT fourm you can find it here: http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi … ntry362167

TLDR: Frankie is willing to convert 1 jump map to the new HD format for free and give the result back to the owner.

Ok, so I re-created the poll at the following thread:

http://www.urtjumpers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2535

Last edited by KroniK (2015-04-07 20:44:14)

Still missing your ex? Try using a scope!
---
http://steamsigs.com/steammicro.php?id=KroniK907&pngimg=background&tborder=0

#2 2015-04-07 07:08:07

jmarc
webMaster/noobJumper

Re: Frankie V Conversion Discussion Thread

poll is now allowed in this forum.

You can edit your 1st post and add a poll

[edit]polls stuff seem broken... I have to work on it
[edit2]bug fixed!

Last edited by jmarc (2015-04-07 07:58:05)

#3 2015-04-07 10:04:33

Driller

Let him update lotr lol

#4 2015-04-07 11:11:49

Sangeru
Jumper

no one likes lotr though. moria or equilibrium pls XD

#5 2015-04-07 18:39:29

Driller

Its not about the map, its about the in/famous update history of the map which was very tiring to follow. So if FrankieV could update lotr first as 4.2 and theen as urtHD it would be a huge surprise.
Moria: markinho will do it himself i suppose. Equilibrium yes, i dont think Richard will map again, and he is willing to let others update his map. And its a very popular map, with nice spawnroom, so jumpers and beginners can spend time in it.

I myself thought of illegal upgrade of dontgetwet, it was a real revolution at release, and for many years teh most popular hard map. But they havent created icy floors for urtHD (at least that was posted 2 weeks ago).
So maybe we have to choose a Non Icy map....

Last edited by Driller (2015-04-07 18:42:02)

#6 2015-04-07 18:59:56

BadFurDay

Keep in mind what matters is the technicality. It needs to be a map that features a lot of different things so that we can learn from it with UrTHD.

I'm thinking something like Jumptheshark, it features mostly all kind of jumps and models, and we could learn a lot from that map being ported to UrTHD. Now, the real problem is, we need the consent of the mapmaker, so we need a map with a lot of varied content and a still active mapmaker. Get thinking smile

#7 2015-04-07 20:53:52

KroniK
Admin

Im with BadFurDay on this one. Im not sure about jump the shark, simply because I've only played it once, but Im thinking not only do we want it to give us ideas about models and things, but we need it to be just hard enough at the end jumps that we can make sure that the final physics of HD are the same as in 4.2. I think the most important thing about this conversion is going to be to give Blade Killer a test map to perfect the UrT movement physics. So a map like BST is probably a bit on the easy side but is a map that everyone loves and has some icy so we can play with that when that becomes available. Skome is is probably a decent choice as it is visually appealing and is hard enough that you could really get a sense of weather the HD physics are correct.

I would have probably voted for equilibrium, except that I'm not a fan of the texturing on that map. Its a good map but its not visually polished like skome or BST.

Saturn is a very nice map visually and has a pretty decent range of jump types that we could use to test the physics.

I added IcyJumps 5 because I personally would like to see one of the Icy Maps converted, and I've talked with rambetter, and he doesn't really care if someone forks his maps, although he would prefer it to be done by someone who would take the same care and attention to detail that he had.

Last edited by KroniK (2015-04-07 20:54:14)

Still missing your ex? Try using a scope!
---
http://steamsigs.com/steammicro.php?id=KroniK907&pngimg=background&tborder=0

#8 2015-04-07 22:12:31

Giomarketz
Jumper

equilibrium has some tricks near the limits of difficulty that's why i proposed it. not much icy tho, adlucem is a good mix of icy nonicy

Board footer