Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2014-07-25 22:04:11

Driller

Continuing News about UrT HD

Here latest links of news updates on UrT HD.

- July 2014
http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi … d-physics/
With video of very early state of walljumping!

Last edited by Driller (2014-07-25 22:05:19)

#2 2014-07-25 23:41:01

Giomarketz
Jumper

Re: Continuing News about UrT HD

that feels good to me, even tho I d like to see more curve jumping and backjumps to judge, but I thought much worst physics tbh, very good news for me

#3 2014-07-26 09:23:16

Vivaldi
Map maker

that looks very slow

#4 2014-07-26 14:42:29

SaiyanX
Jumper

Vivaldi wrote:

that looks very slow

ye. but thats why he said that the speed will be changed with the help of good players and jumpers. I already sent him a PM about that big_smile

#5 2014-07-26 16:25:28

Vivaldi
Map maker

ye but, how will they find the exact same speed ? they'll test all the maps ? And also, you need someone who can always have the same skill to test that, very consistant

#6 2014-07-26 18:16:33

Shad0w
Jumper

You just let kr4, sam or some other pr0 jumper jump azedia and adjust the speed so that they can barely make the jumps smile

#7 2014-07-26 19:30:42

Hugo

kr4 is inactive, sam  is inactive, azedia isn't hard, it's just unbalanced.

So correction :

You just let Masterbait, darken or some other pr0 jumper jump moria and adjust the speed so they can barely(doesn't count for masty) make the jumps wink

#8 2014-07-26 20:50:42

Isaac
Jumper

Or just get me to finish elfix, if it takes more than 1min everything's broken and we should delete the game

KappaPride

#9 2014-07-26 21:20:04

Giomarketz
Jumper

i would use dayfee as test and see if the results gets kinda same as the hofs by the pros, so u can check circlejumps, walljumps and slides quite easy

But i don't know what changes by importing maps on other engines so gl testers big_smile

Last edited by Giomarketz (2014-07-26 21:24:11)

#10 2014-07-26 22:56:23

DarkeN
Map maker

good idea Gio

#11 2015-07-10 23:15:31

Driller

Now this is looking better, finally some jumps and slide!! (last 30 sec)

By Zenity: http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi … -and-hops/

Last edited by Driller (2015-07-10 23:16:07)

#12 2015-07-11 02:13:19

PabloWtf
Map maker

Well, i like it yikes

Crux

#13 2015-07-11 13:48:15

Samchun
Map maker

this minute of sprayin was priceless ... neutral

#14 2016-01-23 21:59:56

Driller

Some news about hopping and jumping
---> http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi … nt-update/

"//
I am also experimenting with additional legacy Quake physics (similar to Challenge Pro Mode), like ramp jumps and bunny hopping / air control. You can see both in the video, but notice that they are extremely toned down so they don't overpower the usual Urban Terror movement but instead create subtle additions to it. Bunny hopping in particular still needs a lot of testing and feedback so there is no telling if it will actually make it in the end. But ramp jumps are pretty subtle while still being a blast to execute, so I think that those will be fairly uncontroversial.

I appreciate the irony that Urban Terror on Unreal Engine could well become more Quake-like than it ever was on the actual Quake engine.
What About Jump Maps?
Of course we will try to maintain 99%+ accuracy for basic movement (this includes circle jumping, wall jumping, powersliding), but the reality is that most jump maps will have to be updated for HD either way due to minor differences in the engines which are not worth changing (we will only port the bugs which are actually fun smile). Furthermore we cannot stay stagnant if we want HD to be a true resurgence rather than just a monument to days long past, so jump maps will have to evolve along with us. Of course this is not an ideal situation (especially for high score tracking), but we will work with the jump community to make the process as smooth as possible. If you are working on a jump map, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!
//"

Last edited by Driller (2016-01-23 22:18:07)

#15 2016-01-24 13:43:24

Giomarketz
Jumper

Except for the wallruns seems they're starting to recreate it pretty good

#16 2016-01-24 15:53:42

Noxtty
Map maker

I like the new stuff, but I prefer wall jump only over wallrun, the vaulting and q2 boost seems awesome and promising

//sidenote

I'd rather have new jump maps than old one ported into hd

Last edited by Noxtty (2016-01-24 15:54:53)

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

#17 2016-01-24 17:44:06

Lizart
Map maker

Something to wait for.....

#18 2016-01-24 18:28:16

Moonie

I agree Noxtty.  New maps for a new port.

I wonder if they can add the possibility of css style surf.  But the possibility of wall running mixed with icy might be amusing.  Ultimately it should all be included, every idea.  Then allow the mapper to choose the usable techniques when they build the map (by allowing techniques to be assigned to materials), in the same way as slick caulk, water caulk, hollow caulk, etc, were used in radiant to apply effects.  That way the mapper can make the jump map exactly as he wants, or open it right up to freestyle and multiple solutions.  That way a new mapper can create walljumps level, but a pro mapper can create walljumps_pro, simply by changing the materials and shaders used.

I am intrigued by the addition of quake2 style physics.  That was the first game where i learned to circle jump, at a time when people didnt circle jump, they strafe jumped.  A guy i hung with in DOA clan (called deathjump) showed me his new improved circle jump technique that allowed him to jump stupid distances in game.  Also double jumping crates to get extra height was lost on the quake 3 conversion.  Its still possible on occasion, but it would be nice to have that physics functionality back.

I wonder if they can add in a gravity/viewpoint change so you could be jumping and then the player model could be rotated say 90 degrees and gravity direction could be changed to that orientation, to allow for more mind bending possibilities.  For example, jumping along and suddenly gravity is now opposite so all your controls are now reversed because your player is now jumping across the ceiling.  Maybe its to insane to think of, but it would increase the skill requirements quite a lot.  I am not talking reversing controls on the keyboard, im just saying thats how you would have to think since left would be right in the game and vice versa.

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

#19 2016-01-24 19:59:50

HappyDay

Moonie wrote:

I wonder if they can add the possibility of css style surf.

I bet Zenity can do that, if he feels like coding it.

Moonie wrote:

I wonder if they can add in a gravity/viewpoint change so you could be jumping and then the player model could be rotated say 90 degrees and gravity direction could be changed to that orientation, to allow for more mind bending possibilities.

Certainly possible in UE4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9E6XzfDbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLB28JvEQAg

I don't know if we will add it to urt. Hasn't been discussed at all. Is that something the jumping community would be interested in?

Have a happy day!

#20 2016-01-24 20:52:13

Markinho
Map maker

Edit: dont know what I'm talking about

When I come out of portals in a different direction (in portal, ofc) I feel sick, so dunno about that

Last edited by Markinho (2016-01-24 20:54:01)

​​http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198045330231.png

#21 2016-01-24 23:28:44

Driller

Happyday those videos are pretty cool, Drezil would have used it if he could, im sure.
To me F1, I think this could be a great addition to nostamina_ice maps

#22 2016-01-25 02:20:18

Noxtty
Map maker

Altho wallrun seems to slow the game, if they tweak it a little bit so we don't lose speed or even gain speed by running on walls, I think it could be great and probably mapmakers can find amazing stuff to do with that. Otherwise, I don't like it lol

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

#23 2016-01-25 03:02:17

Rai
Jumper

+1 marki

#24 2016-01-25 11:02:04

Giomarketz
Jumper

can someone explain me the difference between bunnyhoping and strafejumps we already have?

#25 2016-01-26 03:04:19

Moonie

HappyDay wrote:

Moonie wrote:

I wonder if they can add the possibility of css style surf.

I bet Zenity can do that, if he feels like coding it.

Moonie wrote:

I wonder if they can add in a gravity/viewpoint change so you could be jumping and then the player model could be rotated say 90 degrees and gravity direction could be changed to that orientation, to allow for more mind bending possibilities.

Certainly possible in UE4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9E6XzfDbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLB28JvEQAg

I don't know if we will add it to urt. Hasn't been discussed at all. Is that something the jumping community would be interested in?

Just adding in the possibility would be sweet.  Some mapper would use it.  Like moving platforms in radiant was buggy as hell, but people still used them.

But at the same time i dont want to add to someones coding time.

The possibility to control gravity shouldnt be that hard to implement on its own, and ignore the rotating effects etc.  it might look cool in a video, but if it takes weeks to code it, then fk it, its not worth it.  Just being able to skew gravity so instead of the normal amount of curve you would require, you would need to turn more.  Also imagine an icy slingshot where gravity changes from down to a direction that pulls you along the ice while you curve to get mad speed levels.  if a mapper could control that, they could make the skill level as easy or as hard as they wanted.  but its just a thought.

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

Board footer