Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2014-07-20 21:46:20

Driller

FS is Looking for HD Jump Map makers

Barbatos said:

Hey UrT players,

Frozen Sand is looking for map makers willing to port their 4.x jump maps to Urban Terror HD on Unreal Engine 4.
If you are interested please get in touch with me!

Thanks

NB: if you are a frag map maker we're interested too. smile

http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi … ap-makers/

//
PS: So you need to contact Barbatos on urt.info. Not me tongue

Last edited by Driller (2014-07-21 15:00:10)

#2 2014-07-21 03:21:01

valter)))

Re: FS is Looking for HD Jump Map makers

Can you explain a little what he wants big_smile Just the fact that he wrote, google translate strange translation x)

#3 2014-07-21 08:40:25

Driller

Valter I think.......
They want a few jumpmaps for the first release of urtHD.
Levant and Happyday are FS, maybe some of their maps will be part of urtHD, I suppose. But they would like to have more jumpmaps, just like first party fragmaps of 4.1.
Just for first release, they can always update first party maps, they can remove them later, but when urtHD is released they want to have maps, just like ctf and ts maps.
Maybe its just to look professional on steam, and also because jumpmode is an official mode.
Jumpmappers, now you can update your map for urtHD, probably with a little help of Levant, Happyday and Barbatos and Null, they know the possibilities of the new urt.
(My guess, they look for jumpmaps with a little design to attract steam players. O_O.... thats just a guess but I would ask for good looking maps if I were Barbatos)

Thats what I think valter.

Last edited by Driller (2014-07-21 08:57:49)

#4 2014-07-21 13:24:07

Moonie

I've already cleared Nox, to port BSTJumps if he wants to.

But until i see how the physics works on UE4 i couldnt even begin to understand the process of porting a map to it.

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

#5 2014-07-21 15:49:13

Driller

Ofcourse i thought of BSTjumps, hope to see it in urtHD, it has been played so often.
Hope FS choose maps which have been played and liked by the majority of jumpers, maps with proven quality!

I think we can expect some maps by Levant (please not Ceres hahaha). I hope Happyday will remake Happyjumptutorial, and maybe we see Markinho's Futre?

- Skaz is still around in FS, hope he gives his approval for Skome. (for the harder maps). And the size is small, and the design is good.
- I really hope Johnnyenglish will update Pirate land, he is a very good active mapper. And such a beautiful map would be very good to have as a first party jumpmap. I expect him to do it, he is really doing sumthing for the community!
- Dont know where Delirium is, there was a debacle when Poland was released and since then i havent heard of him. But iirc he had the rights of Uberjumps by Keres (and maybe megajumps too) (He was online 2 months ago, on urtinfo). We really need Uberjumps
- Hope to see Daedalus map Skyjumps, good open map for explorers. According to urtinfo he was online 6 months ago, i might send him a email.
- Joober is still around, for jooberjumps, syncope and teamjumps.
- There is absolute a need for a teamjumps map!!! Jupiter ofcourse !
- And a map with frag elements, Klank is still around i suppose? Let him remake Spacetarget
- And icemaps ofcourse, maybe Kronik? i dont know who is still making icemaps...

And all the active mappers can contact Barbatos!!!

- Misato is gone for long, so there wont be a official update of dontgetwet cough cough, but that map would be very cool as a first party map

Last edited by Driller (2014-07-21 15:59:53)

#6 2014-07-21 15:58:22

valter)))

It turns out if I want to help, then I will not in any way useful?

#7 2014-07-21 16:02:58

Driller

Not sure what you mean Valter, they look for mappers.
And mappers know you can test jumpmaps and bombmaps.
But FS looks for mappers now, who can make a map with the new software (UE4) or so. New maps or update old maps. At least thats what i think.
Hope you understand language.

Last edited by Driller (2014-07-21 16:03:34)

#8 2014-07-21 16:07:32

Markinho
Map maker

Let's make clear that there is apparently no free editor planned so you need to purchase it for 20$ (happily converted to 20€)
It's recommended to watch some video tutorials about it before doing anything, see if you like it and THEN apply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WBF4A … p;index=57

​​http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198045330231.png

#9 2014-07-21 16:14:31

Noxtty
Map maker

Markinho wrote:

Let's make clear that there is apparently no free editor planned so you need to purchase it for 20$ (happily converted to 20€)
It's recommended to watch some video tutorials about it before doing anything, see if you like it and THEN apply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WBF4A … p;index=57

For this price, I think it worth it and learning it is a minor issue

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

#10 2014-07-21 16:27:24

valter)))

Driller wrote:

Not sure what you mean Valter, they look for mappers.
And mappers know you can test jumpmaps and bombmaps.
But FS looks for mappers now, who can make a map with the new software (UE4) or so. New maps or update old maps. At least thats what i think.
Hope you understand language.

Yea understand. Thanks Driller. So I will not be useful sad I have not tried to work with the creation of maps.

#11 2014-07-21 16:33:22

Driller

Hmmmm, for some people 20 bucks might be expensive. If you only wanna port 1 map....

If i were a mapper in the old days, and i dont wanna map anymore....
Then i wouldnt mind to pay a buck to someone who is willing to port/update my old map.
Also, i would not pay 20 bucks just to port 1 map only

But this UJ forum is not for business, so the wheeling and dealing has to take place outside this forum. But i would not mind it, and the mapper can get back a bit of money he paid for the UE4 editor. Sounds reasonable to me

Last edited by Driller (2014-07-21 16:49:20)

#12 2014-07-21 22:14:50

Moonie

@Driller:  Daedalus gave me control of skyjumps, a while back.  It can be ported if anyone wants to do it.

#13 2014-07-21 22:18:42

Noxtty
Map maker

I would like to correct Markinho, this is 20$ + 5% each months..
But like he said, they are looking for people who knows how the software works.. (at least follow the tutorials and start making stuff)

#14 2014-07-21 22:32:04

ie7
Map maker

Can't you just pay one month, then cancel, but still keep the software? The subscription is for future updates, AFAIK.

#15 2014-07-21 22:57:19

Fenix
Jumper

Sure, but you don't get all the updates of UE4 (which are mostly related to graphics). And btw Moonie is right: until the physics system is reproduced there is no point in porting maps since distances may change and while this doesn't affect much frag maps, it does affect jump maps a lot (and surely you don't need a jump map to reproduce UrT physics, despite what I read on IRC....)

#16 2014-07-21 23:53:25

Hugo

All this is scary.

#17 2014-07-22 00:04:34

Noxtty
Map maker

Fenix wrote:

(and surely you don't need a jump map to reproduce UrT physics, despite what I read on IRC....)

But it helps to make it better?
I have no idea what's the physics at the moment, but for the moment, you can just make a room or 2, showing what you're capable of, then they will tell you what you have to do.. surely they got a plan, if they asked jumper's help..

#18 2014-07-22 00:07:07

Moonie

Hugo, this is pretty hardcore from what ive seen.

The UE4 map editor is seriously hardcore in comparison to Radiant.  Like a cross between 3DS Max, Blender, Hammer and AutoCAD.  It does almost anything you could ever want, but will likely take you months to gain any sort of usable experience.  But saying that when you do master it 2 years down the line, you should be capable of turning out maps that are superb in every way.

I still havent decided if i will learn it.  I may do somewhere down the line, as money isnt really a big thing, time is something i can free up.  but without seeing how the game runs, how walljumps are implemented, distances, etc, their is no point even attempting what Barbatos has asked.  When they have a semi stable alpha build that map developers can use to develop from, a la sandbox style, then we can start porting things.  But until then it would be pointless and irrelevant.  So dont bother thinking about it for now.

And FTR, i want to see Futre ported. tongue

#19 2014-07-22 00:12:29

Hugo

I hope it won't come anytime soon. tongue

#20 2014-07-22 00:38:13

Moonie

Im not in the loop, but i will say a max of 12 months before you have UrT HD with the base frag maps and a few jump maps.  The base game is there, its just a matter of adding in the UrT features, like walljumping, and making the graphics and models more UrT like..

#21 2014-07-22 00:51:25

Fenix
Jumper

Moonie wrote:

Im not in the loop, but i will say a max of 12 months before you have UrT HD

so optimistic big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

#22 2014-07-22 06:46:43

Markinho
Map maker

Its indeed a mix of lots of complex softwares, yet looks pretty user friendly to me after learning max basics (you can also easly export\import models and normal maps), the scripting system is interesting and testing in real time is a huge + on its own to me

​​http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198045330231.png

#23 2014-07-22 07:42:13

Driller

Excuses that I was wrong.
I assumed that when FS asked for jumpmappers they were asking for first party jumpmaps.
If Barbatos asked for testing purposes only I dont see the reason, there are enough jumpmappers and many players who can jump in FS/QA and they would not have asked in public for more help...
I was just hopeful.

#24 2014-07-22 11:17:35

Moonie

The reason they asked, is because they dont have any big name maps.  Yes Levant made some maps, some good ones too.  Happy is much the same.  But they are two people out of a large community.

Currently, what jump map gets over played on massive numbers of servers.  The cursed map i made.  Thats what they want, not actually understanding the fact i already gave Noxtty license to update it and (as clarified) port it.

But like i said, without the physics bit, you cant port any map.  Once they give us a sandbox of the game to develop in, ie one with the jump code and physics code intact, then we can start porting stuff.  But for now their is little we can do.

#25 2014-07-22 17:23:10

X-RaY

http://i.imgur.com/Ei3D1KF.png
whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle whistle

“Don’t judge everyone else by your limited experience.” - Carl Sagan

Board footer