Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2014-03-27 13:43:59

HappyDay

Urban Terror 4.2 measurements

Hi there,

I've done some measuring in urt/radiant and posted it on the official urt forums. This might be interesting for jumpers and mappers. Here's a copy paste:

As we're working on converting old 4.2 maps to the unreal engine I measured out a few movement related distances. This might come in handy for anybody who still works on 4.2 maps. I've tested this with version 4.2.018 and up to the smallest grid size in radiant, which is 0.125. Currently 1 quake unit (qu) represents 1 inch. The player model bounding box is 32 x 32 x 72 units/inches. Since 1 inch is 2.54 centimeters the player has a size of 81.28 x 81.28 x 182.88 cm. This is relevant because ue4 uses the metric system. 1 unreal unit (uu) is 1 cm. The following table shows the results of my little test. Here's a short descriptions what this means:

walk up: the max height you can walk up a brush without jumping
jump up: the max height you can jump up onto a brush without grabbing
grab min: the min height a brush has to be so you can grab it and pull yourself up
grab max: the max height you can jump and grab a brush
grab max jump: the max height you can grab when you jump twice
walk off hurt: the min height from which you take fall damage
walk off die: the min height from which you take lethal damage when falling
player width: min width for an opening so a player can walk through
player height: min height for an opening so a player can walk through
crouch: min height for an opening so a player can crouch through

Note, that there is a certain height of a brush, that you can grab but also jump up (60.375 qu - 66.500 qu). Also, you can climb up a slightly higher ledge (4.125 qu) when you jump a second time while trying to grab.

http://www.mhermann.net/q3ut4/pics/stuff/urt42_measurements.jpg

Have a happy day!

#2 2014-03-27 14:45:19

Quark**
Map maker

Re: Urban Terror 4.2 measurements

Great!

Board footer