Home

You are not logged in.
Language: French

#1 2010-03-15 07:45:20

iShOxX
Map maker

ut4_mamap_b1

Map updated:Go to http://www.urtjumpers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1035

Last edited by iShOxX (2012-11-01 13:22:50)

#2 2010-03-15 08:52:23

kaviar
-@dm

Re: ut4_mamap_b1

Putting on map testing: 91.121.119.63:27908
Pw: urtjumpers

#3 2010-03-15 09:26:08

iShOxX
Map maker

something wrong with password

#4 2010-03-15 09:28:08

H-Star
Jumper

Hi,

Remove the h to this pw.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2568/bannmqcd2test.png

#5 2010-03-15 13:25:43

xSm3agol
Honorary Chairman

Ye so it works xD I saw it in radiant now I am going to see it in the game tongue

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1084/googlelogosmeagol.jpg

#6 2010-03-15 17:33:57

iShOxX
Map maker

all the bugs fixed,glitches allz Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?hwhzyazyjnm

#7 2010-03-15 18:54:11

iShOxX
Map maker

Kaviar u can remove my map from test if u want to do it Without cheats

#8 2010-03-15 19:11:04

Anomaly
Jumper

iShOxX wrote:

all the bugs fixed,glitches allz Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?hwhzyazyjnm

you probably should have renamed that one to _b2 just for convenience. Otherwise people end up having different versions of the same map and it gets bad and confusing

6th|Anomaly!

#9 2010-03-15 19:34:13

iShOxX
Map maker

agree anomaly that was my wrong but its ok they can download it too and pc will auto replace it as different map like ut4_mamap_b1 3412312 with that numbers

#10 2010-03-17 07:36:15

X-RaY

well, i played it, and finished it... don't ask me how... was a real pain in the donkey....

I'm sure most ppl here played it already, but for some reason, you don't get any comments.
Don't get me wrong, i understand why. sad

I'm not going to criticize your map, but i've got some suggestions.
First off all: No-one i know like to do a jump, and when almost there... fall down and start an annoying climb all over again.
(couple of rooms have that)
at more spawnplaces there.

At that huge room, (j6 for example) add more spawnplaces... when you think you made it, and fall back....
wtf... 3 jumps back??
(practically with all jumps)

Second: 3th pf of J9 (last jump) is VERY weird... i've no shadow on it, it's... like... twice as big as any other pf,
but... i always overjump there... just always... plz move it a little more away from the second pf.

Third: No-Damage EVerYThinG! even if you think you can't fall on it...
especially in the rooms where you have to climb... when you jump/fall back, and you land on a pf... you break your legs
Also at J9, with the hole in the wall, i make 3 wjs to get speed, but if i miss the third, i land on the spawnlocation, giving hurted legs... kinda annoying

Fourth: erhm... how about some nice textures?

fifth: Your first map: Not bad, (won't call it good) but eej, it's your first one.
Keep on mapping, i'm sure you'll do a great job!

Ow, 1 more thing... you choose the wrong tester wink
Now only vivaldi, ccc, arthas, smeagol, moldar and joober can finish this map tongue

btw: can you finish this map?

That's all for now,
Gl big_smile

Last edited by X-RaY (2010-03-17 07:37:05)

“Don’t judge everyone else by your limited experience.” - Carl Sagan

#11 2010-03-17 17:59:15

iShOxX
Map maker

Well ray,thanks for ur copliments .. :S.I have finished my map in 20 misn without any bugs,no leg break nothing...,Btw noone liked my map,I dont have mapping skills like many mappers.So i will not make map again cause i was so dissapointed from ur comments guys.Many of them insulted me,my map too.I feel so bad about my map and me

#12 2010-03-17 18:38:44

X-RaY

iShOxX wrote:

I had a very bad day today but i will upload this -_- map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dhyykoz3ayd

Bugs suggestions or anything else Here.

I posted suggestions and bugs sad
And like any other mapper... first map is always a try!
Know core? Lee's first map!
Know project_test? Moonie's first map!
Know strafejumps? Siims first map!
Know creazjumps? Warriors first map!
and so on...

All mappers started with there first map, so did you.
It's a progress of learning and improving.

I'm not blaming you of a complete failured map, cause it isn't
(srry siim) A complete failured map is strafejumps...
not rlly jumps to call.

Plz don't give up after your first map!

But seriously...
ppl insulting you?
wtf... did they even made a map?
if not... don't listen to them...
if so... then they'r just stupid, cause they don't give you any advice.

And ffcourse you don't have mappingskills.... you just started!
Go and make another map, and get some mappingskills!

Of you Go big_smile

#13 2010-03-17 19:01:45

Moonie

Mapping is a subjective business.  Period.

You wont get to a reasonable mapping level unless you persevere, and you probably wont put out a really good map until maybe your second or third map.  Thats just called the learning curve.

Sure most people slag maps off, shit happens, get over it.  Or you can go like me and just self destruct and post some shit on a forum, write some crap about someone and put it in your next map, hell do what makes you feel better, but keep mapping.  If some guy slags your map off on here, tell him to fk himself or go make a map himself.  I seriously dont put up with people bad mouthing my maps, and ive had a few goes at people on here before now, just read the old threads if you want.  But in the end all that did was motivate me to map more and release more maps.

As long as you use something like this method i used when i first started out.  Every map or revision of a map you teach yourself 5-7 new things, be they shaders, textures, maybe some new idea (even if it turns out not to work).  If you do this you will soon command radiant and be able to make maps that people will love.

My first proper map was basicjumps, it went through 9 or 10 revisions, and i made a shed load of mistakes in it, but i learnt something from it (like dont make 0.5 unit walls), and in the end its still a map that gets played in rotations from time to time.  The next map i made was octajumps, which similarly took me a long time, but i learnt about glass, and some more shader stuff.  Also i worked out some more lighting techniques.

The point is not to give up.  You make maps at your level, and eventually you will discover the level you enjoy jumping at and make maps for people who jump at that level.  Take Joobs for instance, he makes hard maps that only the pros enjoy jumping, where as me i make more average to medium skilled maps that the majority of people can play.  Its each to their own in this game.  If you want to make maps at a hard level, well do it, but maybe ask the illustrious pro jumpers like Vivaldi, Smeagol or ccc to beta test your maps and give you feedback.  They are your target group.  So asking say me to test it would be pointless as i dont jump at that level, and would just point you to someone else who does.

Sorry very long response, but it needs saying.  With time you will understand a little better. smile

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

#14 2010-03-18 04:49:38

Anomaly
Jumper

Yeah dont quit now bud. It takes time to get the hang of it, just like any other skill you might have be it a sport or programming or whatever. Just take some time to go over the map and implement the changes suggested and hit us up with a b2 tongue

6th|Anomaly!

#15 2010-03-18 12:34:50

X-RaY

well put moonie!

iShOxX, here another example... from my experience:
My First vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8OblMc3Q0

One if my latest vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CDjFH1ueHE

See the difference? ^^
Made more then 30 vids, and i'm still improving and learning xD

#16 2010-03-18 13:51:23

xSm3agol
Honorary Chairman

Moonie is right... My first lotr map was worse than all jump maps eheh

It makes me sick when I see everyday Moonies posts so long xD

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1084/googlelogosmeagol.jpg

#17 2010-03-18 16:08:26

Moonie

No response so far. He's probably gone, so this may be a bit like flogging a dead horse.

Some people just dont make the grade, but i guess that is survival of the fittest, and you have to be a certain type of individual to map.  Most people just arent that type and may never be that type.

Will replace with something useful, someday. smile

#18 2010-03-18 16:53:03

X-RaY

You for example.
wink just kidding ^^) wink

Board footer